Tuesday, September 30, 2008

First Order of Business

This is my favorite recipe. I craved it throughout my pregnancy and it's a good thing my husband liked it too because I made it 3 times a week! I don't make it so much now, but it's always a comforting meal when I do.
I checked all kinds of websites for an Alfredo Sauce recipe. I didn't like any of them so I combined them and took out the things I didn't like and added things I did. So there's no specific place from where I got this one. But it's really easy and is so yummy!

Alfredo Sauce

8 oz. cream cheese
1 stick butter
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup milk
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
Garlic to taste (sometimes I leave this out)

- soften cream cheese and butter over med-low heat
- add parmesan cheese and milk and mix until smooth (I like to use a little whisk)
- add garlic and Italian seasoning and simmer until ready to use
Makes enough for about 8 oz. noodles (depending on how much sauce you like)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes this is my favorite alfredo sauce ever and I usually make it several times a month. My boys love it.

Jamie & Ryan said...

Mmmm!!! This sounds so yummy! I've never made a homemade alfredo sauce b/c I could never find a recipe that I liked and I'm not usually adventurous enough sway from the recipe. Can't wait to try this!

P.S. Guess what?! Sunday night I made sugar cookies and I used some of those cookie cutters you gave me when you moved back home. I think I'm always gonna think of you everytime I make sugar cookies! =)

Amber said...

That sounds yummy! I'll have to try it!

Marina said...

I love going to Olive Garden and dipping their garlic bread in their alfredo sauce. Now that you've shared your sauce, I'm going to have to try it with some bread. Thanks for the recipe.

So about this blog...

I love to cook. I don't get to experiment with as much as I'd like, but I try what I can. I watch Food Network all the time and love trying things I see.
My twist is that I never follow a recipe completely. So, in my posts I'll tell you where I got the idea and the basic recipe, but I'll post the recipe the way that I made it.

All photographs on this blog will be my own, so it will be what food/recipes that I use really look like.