Monday, February 28, 2011

Chicken Bundles

I also found this recipe in Taste of Home. I didn’t have like half of the ingredients though, so I just made some stuff up. Here’s what I did…

Chicken Bundles

1 cup cubed cooked chicken (I used canned chicken – my go to chicken!)

1/2 to 1 cup of your fave pasta sauce (I started with 1/2 and added until I liked the amount)

2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (swiss would be good too)

12 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed

2 Tbsp melted butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat pasta sauce in microwave or on the stove. Add the chicken and cheese. Flatten each roll into a 5 inch circle. Place the mixture in the center of 6 circles. Brush the edges with water and top with the remaining circles. Press the edges with a fork to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet and brush with the melted butter. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.

You could change this up and put anything you like inside the bundles. Like hamburger and tomato sauce with whatever seasonings you want and your favorite cheese, maybe even some bacon so it’s like a bacon cheeseburger bundle! I think I might try it with my alfredo sauce and italian sausage next time! You could even top it with some extra sauce when you’re ready to serve it.

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

i was looking for ideas to do with my leftover homemade pasta sauce - this is perfect

Unknown said...

This menu is fantastic, It sure will help everyone who’s looking for a perfect menu like this. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

philippine catering services

So about this blog...

I love to cook. I don't get to experiment with as much as I'd like, but I try what I can. I watch Food Network all the time and love trying things I see.
My twist is that I never follow a recipe completely. So, in my posts I'll tell you where I got the idea and the basic recipe, but I'll post the recipe the way that I made it.

All photographs on this blog will be my own, so it will be what food/recipes that I use really look like.