Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lemon Butter Sauce

I know it's been a while. I found out I was pregnant in June and I was sick for several weeks. I'm doing better now and trying to catch up on all my blogs!
I have a few recipes from the last couple months. This recipe is actually from last night, but it was an easy one so I'm putting it up first. I told my friend about it yesterday and couldn't wait to make it for dinner! It is the best lemon butter sauce I've ever made! I keep trying new recipes because I liked a lemon butter sauce I had at Cheesecake Factory once. This recipe is the closest I've found! But I can't remember where I got it. Sorry.

Lemon Butter Sauce

1/4 cup Lemon juice
2 Tbsp. White wine
1/2 cup Heavy whipping cream
2 sticks Butter (room temp.)

Heat Lemon juice and wine over medium heat and reduce by one third. Add cream and simmer on low until thickened. Slowly add butter, 2-3 pats at a time, until incorporated. Once it's smooth again it's done, but I let mine simmer (stirring occasionally) for another 30 minutes or so - let all that alcohol cook out!
This makes about 2 cups of the sauce which is plenty enough for 4 people with about a ton of left overs! I'd say there are at least 20 servings. When I reheat mine I like to put a bit in a small cup and just dip my chicken in it. Actually, I'll pour it over my potatoes and whatever else is on my plate too!

4 comments:

Ryan and Heather Moss said...

Looks yummy. Did you just love that comment I left one time about how I think I had gotten to yours from my cousin's blog? Serious blonde moment due to not enough sleep! How embarassing when I realized a week later what I should have known anyway. I do some serious blog-hopping though so it does get a little hard to keep up with where I got things from.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the recipe for Macaroni Grill's lemon-butter sauce. I made it and it turned out fantastic! Great recipe :)

Cassandra Romney said...

Christi its been sence september!

Unknown said...

Cooking is such an art which not only make you happy or earns you appreciation but also can counter your appetite in a very delicious manner. This is such an wonderful instinct that can make you creative day by day.

philippines catering services

So about this blog...

I love to cook. I don't get to experiment with as much as I'd like, but I try what I can. I watch Food Network all the time and love trying things I see.
My twist is that I never follow a recipe completely. So, in my posts I'll tell you where I got the idea and the basic recipe, but I'll post the recipe the way that I made it.

All photographs on this blog will be my own, so it will be what food/recipes that I use really look like.